Finally, the time has come again: from 11 to 15 September, the industry for joining, cutting and surfacing will meet at SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN at Messe Essen. More than 700 companies from 36 countries will present their innovative products and services. All the industry giants have booked their stands. Market leaders such as Lincoln, ESAB, Microstep, ABICOR BINZEL, EWM, Fronius, Messer Cutting and voestalpine will be there as well as niche suppliers, start-ups, research institutes and associations.
Optimised hall layout
In order to offer exhibitors and visitors the best possible trade fair experience, the organisers have optimised the hall layout of SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN. For the first time, Halls 1 to 5 will be devoted to the focus on welding, while Halls 6 to 8 will accommodate exhibitors covering all aspects of cutting. This strategic arrangement ensures that related products such as surface technology, heat treatment, gases, consumables and filler materials, equipment, safety, health, quality assurance, service and digitalisation, are located in close proximity to each other. Thanks to these placements, as well as the short distances within the exhibition grounds, the trade visitors’ fair experience will be even more efficient.
Highlights digitalisation rally and joint stands
As the leading platform for the industry, SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN also has an extensive range of specialist input and new ideas in store for its exhibitors and visitors. Here are a few details:
- The highlight is the special show on the subject of digitalisation, which is being organised in cooperation with the Industry Fusion Foundation IFF and the German Welding Society (DVS). Through a digital rally, participants will learn about innovative solutions around the integration of machine, human, AI and software in industry. Guided by the SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN app, trade visitors can talk directly to the companies and find out more. Best of all, attractive prizes will be raffled off among the participants – including a Kemppi premium welding machine. Click here for more information on the digitalisation rally.
- Whether for energy generation or raw material extraction: underwater technology is becoming increasingly important. At the joint stand on underwater technology in exhibition hall 7, companies and institutions will present new approaches and innovative products. Here you can find more details about the joint stand on underwater technology.
- The topic of underwater technology is completed by the two-day conference of the same name. On 12 and 13 September, experts will provide information on the latest research and technology – for example, the non-destructive evaluation of hardness in the heat-affected zone of underwater welded components. Another block of topics includes practical contributions from underwater technology such as the fatigue and fracture behaviour of butt and fillet welds welded underwater.
- International joint stands enable visitors to obtain compact and efficient information on solutions from countries such as China, France, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and the USA.
- Many new developments in the industry come from freshly founded companies. As part of the “Young Innovative Companies” programme, sponsored by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, German start-ups will present their forward-looking developments in exhibition hall 3.
- The DVS CONGRESS offers lectures from operational practice and numerous application-oriented, current research results from the completed projects of the Forschungsvereinigung Schweißen und verwandte Verfahren e. V. at German Welding Society.
- At the DVS CAMPUS, students of joining, cutting and coating technology present current results from their Bachelor’s, Master’s or diploma theses to the professional world.
Christina Kleinpaß, Project Manager of SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN: “It is our aim to give our guests valuable impulses for their business and to represent the entire value chain of the industry as comprehensively as possible. With this trade fair programme, we make new trends and further developments tangible and offer many occasions to exchange ideas.” Tickets for SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN are only available online, so it’s best to secure your entrance card now in the SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN ticket shop.