Prima Industrie, a global group in the field of high-tech laser systems, sheet metal processing systems and electronic components for industrial applications, has elected a new board of directors and appointed a new chief executive officer (CEO).
The new Board of Directors of Prima Industrie S.p.A. is composed as follows:
– Gianfranco Carbonato (Chairman of the Board)
– Domenico Peiretti (Vice Chairman)
– Giovanni Negri (Managing Director, CEO)
– Ezio G. Basso (Director)
– Donatella Busso (Independent Director)
– Francesca Cirrincione (Independent Director)
– Nicola Colavito (Director)
– Francesca de Fraja Frangipane (Independent Director)
– Edoardo M. Lanzavecchia (Director)
– Barbara Poggiali (Independent Director)
– Lisa Marie Tan (Director)
Giovanni Negri has been appointed CEO of Prima Industrie S.p.A.. With a degree in Management Engineering and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the Politecnico di Milano, Negri has been CEO of CMS SpA, an SCM Group company specializing in the production of numerically controlled multi-axis machining centers, since November 2018. Previously, he held various positions of increasing responsibility in both Germany and Italy at SCM Group, Porsche Consulting and Siemens.
Former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Ezio Basso will remain on the Board and will actively work with Giovanni Negri to ensure an effective handover in the Group.
The company’s CEO, Gianfranco Carbonato, commented, “I would like to thank Ezio Basso, also on behalf of former and new shareholders, for the long collaboration that has allowed our group to flourish and become what it is today, and welcome Giovanni Negri, wishing him all the best for the new challenge, knowing that a significant opportunity for further growth is within our reach.”